Work Study

Undocumented undergraduate and graduate students can apply for Director’s Work Study (non-federal)!

Students must have work authorization (i.e., DACA, TPS, etc.) and must have filed the CA Dream Act.

To request work study, students must request work study in person by visiting Cal Student Central or open a case online.

Once you are approved, your work study aid will post on your MyFinAid. This $4,000 is a part of the $8600 self-help maximum per student per year. Students who are hired as work study students get paid a bimonthly or monthly pay check and their salaries come from both the department that has hired the student and the work study funds.

UC Berkeley Undocumented Program